Weight Progress

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Word Worthy Wednesday


So exercise has ALWAYS been something I have had a hard time getting "around" to. Even the last time I lost weight I did most with diet and a few walks. The last time I exercised consistently was in junior high. I was working out 3-5 times a week for a couple of years.

So I felt this was definitely relevant. I have a plan though. There are several classes that I can attend at the YMCA where Im already a member for the kids. Im going to make a schedule of all the classes and when they are and commit to at least 3 each week. I will have 7 work outs to choose from. I think little victories may just lead into a pattern of lots of victories :)

What is your favorite form of exercise? How did you get started?

Love and Health,

2 comments:

  1. It took me years to develop a habit of consistent exercise. (You can read about it at http://waistingtimeblog.com/2010/01/03/the-life-and-times-of-a-non-athlete/)

    I love to ride my bike outside and will settle for cycling class at the gym. I actually really enjoy group classes and find them very motivating and I work harder than on my own. I used to love step aerobics before my bad feet days. I like walking outside when I have someone with me to talk with. I am new to yoga and found I like that too, surprisingly.

    If you try something and don't like it, try something else. Or try a different instructor or setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I actually have plans to try a zumba class tonight :) I hear its super fun. Im kinda excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete