Weight Progress

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The importance of creating small goals...

So I have really begun to forget all the things that are so important when transforming yourself.  I find myself looking at the huge number still left to go to get to my goal.  It is so intimidating. 

But then I realize my first goal was to reach 10% lost and Im less than 5 pounds away!  My next goal:  onederland!  Next goal:  179 (185 is a big setpoint for me and a regular stopping point in the past)!  After that:  149  and finally 130-135.

If you break it down like little projects it all adds up to the final goal but so much less stressful. 

Here are some key reminders I use to keep from getting overwhelmed.  I hope they can help you too!



1. It takes time and patience no matter what program you are on.

2. Small choices make small successes which over time equal big successes.

3. You did not gain 120 pounds overnight.  Therefore losing it overnight is out of the question.

4. Your journey is BIGGER than the scale!!!

5. Today is just as important as tomorrow and day after that and the day after that.

6. Learn from each day how important your health is and this is not only about losing the extra weight.

7. Remember that small goals are key to your motivation!

8. Communicate with yourself daily and remember the positives and forgive the struggles.  The last thing you need is to beat yourself up!

9. Have a support person - someone who can help you see how far you have really gone.

10. Repeat 1-9 as needed.



I hope this post finds you in better health that yesterday and embracing more love for yourself and the journey you are on than you have felt in previous days.

Love and Health,

~Mama T

No comments:

Post a Comment